Terms and Conditions – The Hague Boat (THB)
Article 1 – General
1. The Hague Boat (THB) offers canal boat tours in The Hague and surroundings.
2. We reserve the right to change routes as well as start and end locations when weather conditions, shallows or other legitimate reasons so require. We will, as far as possible, inform passengers thereof in a timely manner.
3. The skipper is always in charge. Safety is paramount.
4. By booking a ticket or renting a boat you are accepting the terms and conditions of THB.
Article 2 – Round trips
1. Round trips are regular trips that can be booked per person or per group. Reservation of a single ticket is only possible through the website. Through the ticket shop you can buy a maximum of 28 seats.
2. Our round trips in The Hague canals take place in an open boat. Ponchos as well as fleece blankets are available on the boat in case of rain or cold weather.
3. Passengers (including groups) for a round trip shall be present 15 minutes before departure at the departure point agreed in the booking.
4. It is not allowed to bring pets during the cruise.
5. It is forbidden to smoke on board, following regulations by the Dutch shipping inspection.
6. Passengers should note that one enters the boat by stepping off the quay onto a stair step. Unfortunately the boat is not wheelchair accessible.
7. There is no toilet on board. There are toilets available at the boarding point.
Article 3 – Boat rental
1. The minimum rental for a cruise is one hour and thirty minutes. The boat rental and any catering must be paid within 7 days prior to sailing day, by bank transfer to our bank account. Exceptions can be made only with the consent of THB.
2. Boat rental from THB always includes the crew (skipper and host).
3. Reserving the whole boat is only possible via email or contact form.
4. It is not allowed to sublet the boat to a third party.
Article 4 – Waiting periods and delays
1. In case of regular trips there are no waiting times. This means that if you have purchased a ticket and arrive too late on the boarding point, the boat will not wait for you. Also you will not be entitled to a refund of the ticket.
2. In case of a group booking the skipper will wait up to 15 minutes. After this time, the group will be considered as not shown up and you will not be entitled to a refund of the boat rental amount as stated in the invoice and ordered catering if applicable.
3. If the group arrives late the skipper will determine whether to cancel or to sail. Waiting time is always sailing time. Waiting time can not be added at the end of the trip.
Article 5 – Execution of the contract
1. Valid reasons for annulment of the contract are weather conditions (hard storm and/or high water and/or (partially) frozen canals) hindering or making the cruise impossible. The skipper determines in first instance whether such conditions apply.
2. In case of misconduct, whether or not caused by alcohol consumption, the skipper has the right to pause or immediately terminate the trip. Persons who are already under the influence of alcohol/drugs at the start of the tour, will be denied access to the boat. The customer’s payment obligation remains existent.
3. Alcohol under the age of 18 is prohibited. THB reserves the right to request a photo ID.
4. Passengers must follow all instructions of THB or its employees promptly and without delay. Access to vessels and jetties may be denied without a reason being provided, should this be deemed necessary by THB , for example in relation to capacity, safety, public order or the imminent threat of damage or nuisance.
Article 6 – Liability The Hague Boat
1. THB is not liable for any damage to and/or loss of the passenger’s property. The passenger takes all their property on board entirely at their own risk.
2. THB is not liable for damages to individuals or passengers’ goods, caused by entering or boarding a jetty or boat. The passenger enters these areas entirely at their own risk.
Article 7 – Liability passenger
1 The passenger is liable for damages caused by the passenger to the property/goods used by THB or third parties.
2. All activities organised by THB take place entirely at the passengers’ own risk.
Article 8 – General Liability
1. THB is not liable for personal injury or damage of any nature, regardless of its cause, prior, during or as a result of the trip. Exception to this is damage caused by a deliberate act or the gross negligence of THB. The statutory damages are limited to the price of the boat rental of the trip in question.
2. Children fall under the responsibility of the parent(s). Children under the age of 4 are required to sit on their parents’ lap. On request, a life jacket can be provided.
3. Should THB not be able to comply with their obligations due to force majeure, there is no entitlement to restitution or compensation.
Article 9 – Payment and cancellation
1. In the case of a group booking: in agreement on our offer, we will first send you a confirmation of the booking and within two days an invoice. The invoice shall be paid within 7 days prior to the trip.
2. The client may cancel the order in writing only.
3. In the case of a group booking: when you cancel within 7 days prior to the day of the cruise, 50% of the total cost are due. If you want to cancel within 3 days before the day of the cruise , the full price is due.
4. For the catering a change in the number of people can always be made within 3 days. In connection with the purchase for the catering we have to charge the associated costs within 3 days of the cruise day.
5. In the case of extreme weather conditions we will set in consultation and without additional charge, a new date that is going to be carried out within 60 days.
Article 10 – Final provisions
1. Passengers shall be deemed to follow the instructions of the crew on quay, jetty and boat.
2. Wearing stiletto heels is strongly discouraged for reasons of safety and damage.
3 The passenger is expected to take care of the environment and not to dispose waste in the water. All personal consumptions and the associated waste should be taken off the boat after the end of the trip.
4. Obvious errors and mistakes in the information provided, and/or published by THB will not bind THB. The Dutch consumer law applies to these general terms and conditions. Disputes must be submitted to the competent court in the place where the consumer or passenger resides.
Article 11 – Complaints
1. If the participant finds a shortcoming in the implementation of the agreement, THB shall be notified as soon as possible, so that THB can find an appropriate solution. If the shortcoming is not resolved within a reasonable period of time and affects the quality of the arrangement or activity, this should be reported as soon as possible to THB.
2. If the complaint is not satisfactorily dealt with on the spot, it can be submitted within 14 days from the end of the arrangement or activity in writing to THB. A clearly specified account of what the complaints are should be presented.